Join Team SF Goth!
Interested in joining our team? We’d love to have you! You can join our team in the following ways:
1. Go to https://sf.aidswalk.net/Account/Register to create an account, then look for our team SFGOTH-5015 in the teams drop-down menu.
2. Go to our team page at https://sf.aidswalk.net/sfgoth and click the JOIN OUR TEAM button.
3. Call the SF AIDS Walk number at 415-615-9255 and let them know you’d like to join team SFGOTH.
4. Show up on the day of the walk and let the team leader know that you’d like to add your name to the attendance list as a new team member.
There are some additional things we’d like to let you know:
1. This year in 2022, SF AIDS Walk changed their requirements for teams being awarded a table on the meadow, but they have not let the teams know in advance how or if they qualify for a table on the meadow.
8:30am UPDATE on 7/17/2022: WE GOT A TABLE! Team SF Goth is between the Levi’s Strauss tent and the Glide tent right at the bottom of Hippie Hill.
2. It is not required of you to do any fundraising in order to join our team. But we would appreciate it if you did raise some funds! We have until August 26, 2022 to raise money for the team!
3. It is not required of you to be there in person on the day of the walk, though we would love to see you! Our in-person attendance varies each year (with no in-person events having happened in 2020 – 2021). Sometimes there are two of us, sometimes there are twenty of us. There should be a virtual broadcast of the AIDS Walk on the day of the event (as featured on the AIDS Walk website). If you are there in person, please take lots of photos so we can upload them to this site! Please be sure to get a group photo!
4. Be sure to also check out the SF AIDS Walk F.A.Q. for any other questions you may have, keeping in mind that this year they are very disorganised in the dissemination of information. Team SF Goth will do our best to keep you informed.
10pm UPDATE from the AIDS Walk website FAQ on 7/16/2022:
10:00a.m. – Pre-Walk Festivities
10:30a.m. – 5K Walk Begins
12:00p.m. – 3:30p.m. Community-Unity Dance Party
This year, ALL participants are invited to participate in our new Red Ribbon Pancake Breakfast, which will take place in two large tents, stationed smack dab in the middle of Robin William’s Meadow.
After the Walk, the two tents will be transformed into a venue for our Community-Unity Dance Party! Be part of our culminating artistic tribute to nearly four decades of AIDS Walk San Francisco.”
You can also watch the event on ABC7 News’ website: